Gremio president Romildo Bolzan has dismissed speculation linking Liverpool with a £26million swoop for Brazilian striker Luan.
Weekend reports suggested that the Reds were close to wrapping up a deal for the 24-year-old frontman branded the ‘new Ronaldinho’.
However, Bolzan - speaking after Gremio’s 2-0 win over Botafogo on Sunday night - insists there has been no offer tabled for the player, who has one year remaining on his current contract.
“Luan is a player who said he would have proposals but so far none have come, except for one about three years ago when he was on a different level,” he said.
“We have no approach, no official proposal (from Liverpool). We have absolutely no concrete proposal.”
Luan’s agent Jair Peixoto claims there has been contact with the Reds but he also played down suggestions that the Brazil international could be Anfield bound this summer.
“We do talk to Liverpool, as we talk to other clubs as well, but there is no proposal,” Peixoto said.
The Reds did business with Gremio a decade ago when they bought Lucas Leiva for £5million.
Source: Liverpool Echo
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.